Rich coffee, white chocolate and crunchy cashews combine to create this recipe.
According to Hollywood, gentlemen prefer blondes. But what about blondies?
This Father’s Day, why not find out? We’ve dreamed up a white chocolate-studded blondie treat with a duo of tastes that’s easy to love — rich coffee and crunchy cashews. We brought it all together in a sweet, rich bar that, thanks to a generous helping of brown sugar, stays moist and chewy with just a hint of crunch on the outside.
Want to take it even further? Sprinkle the top with flaked sea salt just before popping it in the oven. And if Dad doesn’t like cashews, peanuts, almonds or walnuts would be good, too. Or maybe you want to add a bit of each.
White Chocolate Coffee Cashew Blondies
- Marymoor Park concerts: Full lineup announced
- Capitol Hill light-rail station nearly ready for trains to rumble
- Nelson Cruz's home run in ninth inning lifts Mariners to sweep of Rays
- Historically black Central District could be less than 10% black in a decade
- They were millionaires for 3 months, but Seattle couple didn't know it
Most Read Stories
Makes 9 servings
1 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon instant coffee
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup white chocolate bits
1 cup unsalted roasted cashews
1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9-by-9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the water, instant coffee and vanilla. Stir until the coffee granules dissolve.
3. Add the butter, brown sugar and salt. Use an electric mixer or whisk to beat until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating between additions and scraping down the sides of the bowl. Stir in the flour, then the white chocolate bits and cashews.
4. Spread the mixture evenly into the prepared pan. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted at the center comes out clean. Cool, then cut into 9 squares.
Nutrition information per serving (values are rounded to the nearest whole number): 530 calories; 220 calories from fat (42 percent of total calories); 24 g fat (12 g saturated; 0 g trans fats); 70 mg cholesterol; 71 g carbohydrate; 8 g protein; 1 g fiber; 260 mg sodium.