A holiday recipe for Traditional Pumpkin Pie
Makes 1 pie, 10 servings
1 partially baked, single-crust 9-inch pie shell
2 cups canned pumpkin
- UW, Alaska Airlines agree to naming-rights deal for Husky Stadium's field
- Wife upset dad disappointed in baby's gender
- A couple thoughts on Fred Jackson, Kam Chancellor and the Seahawks
- Seahawks preseason awards: MVPs, surprises, disappointments, toughest roster calls
- Seattle teachers vote to strike if agreement isn’t reached
Most Read Stories
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 1/3 cups evaporated milk
1/3 cup milk
Whipped cream garnish, optional
1. To partially bake the pie shell: Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Refrigerate shell 30 minutes or freeze 15 minutes. Bake on center oven rack 10 minutes. Cool completely on a rack before filling.
2. To prepare the filling: Mix together pumpkin, brown and granulated sugars, salt, ginger, cloves and cinnamon. Add eggs and stir gently until mixed. Stir in evaporated and regular milk.
3. Pour into partially baked pie shell and bake in a preheated 425 degree oven for 15 minutes; then reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. This could take 45 minutes or more.
4. Cool and refrigerate the pie until ready to serve. Add a dollop of sweetened whipped cream to each serving.
From The Seattle Times File