This pumpkin pie recipe is a reader favorite.
Traditional Pumpkin Pie
1 partially baked single crust 9-inch pie shell
- Could Chris Polk be a fit for the Seahawks?
- Nathan Hale High School juniors boycott state test
- Jesse Jones is back: Seattle's superhero consumer reporter is now at KIRO 7
- This USB cable finally could be connector for long haul
- Scientists to study the 'modern miracle' of Ozzy Osbourne's survival
Most Read Stories
2 cups canned pumpkin
½ cup brown sugar
¼ cup granulated sugar
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground ginger
¼ teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 1/3 cups evaporated milk
1/3 cup milk
1. To partially bake the pie shell: Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Refrigerate shell 30 minutes or freeze 15 minutes. Bake on center oven rack 10 minutes. Cool completely on a rack before filling.
2. To prepare filling: Mix together pumpkin, brown and granulated sugars, salt, ginger, cloves and cinnamon. Add eggs and stir gently until mixed. Stir in evaporated and regular milk.
3. Pour into the partially baked pie shell and bake in a preheated 350-degree oven about 45 minutes. Remove from the oven when a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
4. Cool and refrigerate the pie until ready to serve.
Tested in The Seattle Times test kitchen.