This pumpkin pie recipe is a reader favorite.
Traditional Pumpkin Pie
1 partially baked single crust 9-inch pie shell
- Purple Heart plant bed vandalized days before Memorial Day
- Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, rent
- Refusal in Bernie Sandersland to accept reality is really unreal
- Central District’s shrinking black community wonders what’s next
- All’s still not smooth for Uber after its bumpy ride to Sea-Tac Airport
Most Read Stories
2 cups canned pumpkin
½ cup brown sugar
¼ cup granulated sugar
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground ginger
¼ teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 1/3 cups evaporated milk
1/3 cup milk
1. To partially bake the pie shell: Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Refrigerate shell 30 minutes or freeze 15 minutes. Bake on center oven rack 10 minutes. Cool completely on a rack before filling.
2. To prepare filling: Mix together pumpkin, brown and granulated sugars, salt, ginger, cloves and cinnamon. Add eggs and stir gently until mixed. Stir in evaporated and regular milk.
3. Pour into the partially baked pie shell and bake in a preheated 350-degree oven about 45 minutes. Remove from the oven when a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
4. Cool and refrigerate the pie until ready to serve.
Tested in The Seattle Times test kitchen.