- 1 ½ pounds Brussels sprouts
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 15 thyme sprigs, rinsed
- WSU study: 'Exploding head syndrome' more common than once thought
- Ivar's to raise restaurant workers' wages to $15 right away
- Opening day roster looks pretty clear after Sunday cuts
- A mom's tweet about Oreos in school stirs up culture wars
- 3 places off the beaten track in Hawaii
Most Read Stories
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cut a thin slice off the bottom root end of the brussels sprouts and discard. Halve the sprouts lengthwise by cutting through the flat end. Rinse and pat dry.
2. Put sprouts in a sheet pan. Add olive oil, thyme sprigs, salt and pepper. Toss well to coat sprouts and spread in a single layer. Discard any loose leaves. Place pan in oven and cook 30 to 35 minutes without turning, until tender and a deep golden brown in places.
From “Real Life Entertaining: Easy Recipes and Unconventional Wisdom” by Jennifer Rubell