- 1 ½ pounds Brussels sprouts
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 15 thyme sprigs, rinsed
- As USS Ranger departs, Navy's cost dilemma takes off
- Brandon Marshall trade could have implications for Seahawks
- Seahawks courting a pair of cornerbacks as free agency looms
- UW tops new list of best western universities
- Seattle's micro-housing boom offers an affordable alternative
Most Read Stories
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cut a thin slice off the bottom root end of the brussels sprouts and discard. Halve the sprouts lengthwise by cutting through the flat end. Rinse and pat dry.
2. Put sprouts in a sheet pan. Add olive oil, thyme sprigs, salt and pepper. Toss well to coat sprouts and spread in a single layer. Discard any loose leaves. Place pan in oven and cook 30 to 35 minutes without turning, until tender and a deep golden brown in places.
From “Real Life Entertaining: Easy Recipes and Unconventional Wisdom” by Jennifer Rubell