- 1 ½ pounds Brussels sprouts
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 15 thyme sprigs, rinsed
- Shell icebreaker begins journey after protesters removed from Portland bridge
- Surviving Seattle’s sidewalks: Pedestrian rage rises as the population grows
- Silence deafening as Russell Wilson deadline for extension nears
- Haggen cuts worker hours in Seattle area
- Alaska Airlines has 72-hour sale on fall travel to Hawaii
Most Read Stories
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cut a thin slice off the bottom root end of the brussels sprouts and discard. Halve the sprouts lengthwise by cutting through the flat end. Rinse and pat dry.
2. Put sprouts in a sheet pan. Add olive oil, thyme sprigs, salt and pepper. Toss well to coat sprouts and spread in a single layer. Discard any loose leaves. Place pan in oven and cook 30 to 35 minutes without turning, until tender and a deep golden brown in places.
From “Real Life Entertaining: Easy Recipes and Unconventional Wisdom” by Jennifer Rubell