Makes 3 cups
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cups pecan halves
- ½ cup firmly packed light-brown sugar
- Rolled semi spills 14 million bees on I-5 near Lynnwood
- Man's journey to find birth mom ends — at work
- 14 million spilled bees on I-5: 'Everybody's been stung'
- Shawn Kemp to co-host party celebrating Thunder missing playoffs
- Rolled semi spills load of bees at I-5 and I-405 interchange
Most Read Stories
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 ½ teaspoons good quality chili powder
- ¾ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon kosher salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and set a rack in the middle level.
2. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add pecans and sauté, stirring, until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Stir in brown sugar and cook, stirring, until lightly caramelized. Stir in cumin, chili powder and paprika. Add vinegar and cook, stirring until all the liquid has evaporated. Season with salt to taste.
3. Spread pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake until crisp, 3 to 5 minutes. Let cool, then store in an airtight container at room temperature until ready to serve.
From “The 150 Best American Recipes” compiled by Fran McCullough & Molly Stevens; original recipe from “New Tastes of Texas” by Stephan Pyles