4 or 5 fresh or frozen strawberries
10 fresh or frozen raspberries
½ cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Strange but true: Mammoth catfish caught in Italy, and great white shark lurking off Washington coast
- Microsoft pair claim 'hostess bar' expense queries led to firing
- Slugger Nelson Cruz makes strong first impression with Mariners
- Forecasters say gas prices are set to soar
- Thursday morning musings: Mel Kiper says Seattle pick "very difficult to predict right now''
Most Read Stories
3 cup chopped pineapple
2 fresh mint leaves
Zest of ½ orange
Zest of ½ lemon
Zest of ½ lime
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed (or bottled) pomegranate juice
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed (or bottled) acai berry juice
6 tablespoons coconut water
2 tablespoons agave nectar or maple syrup
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
About 2 cups ice cubes (see Note)
1. In a blender, combine all the ingredients except the ice. Add ice to about 1 inch above the liquid line. Blend on high speed until smooth and creamy.
If using frozen fruit, use less ice.
— Adapted by The Palm Beach Post from “Thrive Energy Cookbook: 150 Plant-based Whole Food Recipes,” by Brendan Braizer (Da Capo Press 2014).