4 or 5 fresh or frozen strawberries
10 fresh or frozen raspberries
½ cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Anonymous donor pays off landslide victim's $360K mortgage
- Could Chris Polk be a fit for the Seahawks?
- Fire destroys Bellevue auto showroom, dozens of cars
- Seattle-to-suburb commuters prefer urban lifestyle
- A Midcentury modern home for the history books
Most Read Stories
3 cup chopped pineapple
2 fresh mint leaves
Zest of ½ orange
Zest of ½ lemon
Zest of ½ lime
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed (or bottled) pomegranate juice
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed (or bottled) acai berry juice
6 tablespoons coconut water
2 tablespoons agave nectar or maple syrup
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
About 2 cups ice cubes (see Note)
1. In a blender, combine all the ingredients except the ice. Add ice to about 1 inch above the liquid line. Blend on high speed until smooth and creamy.
If using frozen fruit, use less ice.
— Adapted by The Palm Beach Post from “Thrive Energy Cookbook: 150 Plant-based Whole Food Recipes,” by Brendan Braizer (Da Capo Press 2014).