1 pound halibut, bass fillets or other firm white fish
1 pound jumbo shrimp
2 pounds lobster tails, split
- Cleared after stabbing, former UW student wants his life back
- Driver arrested after I-90 crash that killed 2
- Costco delays credit-card switch
- Seattle’s Super Bowl: Not football, but pho
- Mom’s drug deal brought sons to Jungle, police say
Most Read Stories
2 pounds clams or mussels in shells
4 cups canned tomatoes
1 cup chopped onion
½ cup chopped green pepper
2 cups Clamato juice
1 cup Chianti
1 cup water
2 teaspoons garlic salt
2 bay leaves
½ teaspoon basil, oregano or Italian seasoning
1. Cut fish in 2-inch chunks. Remove legs from shrimp and peel if desired (leaving shells on adds more flavor). Split the lobster tails as you would for broiling.
2. Put tomatoes and liquid in a large soup kettle, break up with a spoon. Add onions, peppers, Clamato juice, wine, water and all seasonings.
3. Simmer, covered for 20 minutes. Add fish and lobster, cover and simmer for 10 more minutes. Add shrimp and simmer five more minutes or until shrimp is pink. Take care not to overcook. Add the clams, cover and simmer for approximately five minutes or until the clams open. Discard any that do not open.
4. Serve in large bowls, shells included.
The Baltimore Sun