Serves 4¼ cup butter 3 large eggs ¾ cup milk ¾ cup all-purpose flour 1 quart fresh strawberries ¼ cup berry jam or red...
¼ cup butter
3 large eggs
¾ cup milk
- Female tiger killed by mating partner at Sacramento Zoo
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Amid Zika fears, local family shares the reality of microcephaly
- Seahawks sign CFL receiver Jeff Fuller and running back Cameron Marshall
- Nigerian suicide bomber gets cold feet, refuses to kill
Most Read Stories
¾ cup all-purpose flour
1 quart fresh strawberries
¼ cup berry jam or red currant jelly
3 tablespoons powdered sugar
1. Put butter in a 2-quart skillet such as cast iron and place on bottom rack in a preheated 425-degree oven.
2. While butter melts, quickly mix batter. Using a food processor or blender, or with a bowl and whisk, mix eggs until light and lemon- colored. With motor running, gradually pour in milk, then slowly add flour. Continue mixing 30 seconds.
3. Pour batter into melted butter in pan. Continue baking about 22 to 25 minutes, or until puffed and browned on the edges and golden in the center.
4. While the pancake is baking, rinse and pat dry berries. Hull and slice into a bowl. Warm the jam or jelly and stir into the berries.
5. When the pancake is pulled from the oven, immediately fill with the berries. Sift powdered sugar over the top and cut into wedges.