1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- Rolled semi spills 14 million bees on I-5 near Lynnwood
- Shawn Kemp to co-host party celebrating Thunder missing playoffs
- Man's journey to find birth mom ends — at work
- Want cheaper rent? Go vintage
- Rolled semi spills load of bees at I-5 and I-405 interchange
Most Read Stories
2½ pounds littleneck clams (about 30 clams), scrubbed
¼ cup minced chives
Grated zest of 1 lime
Pinch red pepper flakes
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1½ tablespoons lime juice
1. In a medium pot or large straight-sided skillet with a lid, warm oil over medium heat. Add garlic and tarragon. Cook until garlic is slightly softened, about two minutes.
2. Stir in clams and cover pot. Cook until clams open, five to 10 minutes. Remove clams from pot. (Discard any clams that don’t open.)
3. Stir chives, lime zest and red pepper flakes into the pan sauce and let cook for 20 seconds. Stir in butter and lime juice, whisking until butter melts and sauce thickens slightly.
4. Spoon pan juices over clams in bowls. Serve.
—Melissa Clark, The New York Times