Makes about a fourth cup, enough for 6 steaks
2 cloves garlic, unpeeled
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- Seattle City Council kills sale of street for Sodo arena; Sonics fans despair
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Ted Cruz ends his bid for Republican presidential nomination
- Man killed by car pulling out of Seattle parking garage
- Bertha under the viaduct: Drilling that shut highway is nearly 30 percent done
Most Read Stories
1 teaspoon dried parsley leaves
1 teaspoon smoked ground paprika
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1. Heat a small heavy dry skillet over medium. Toss in garlic and cook, shaking skillet now and then, until garlic is blackened in spots and soft, about 10 minutes. Set garlic aside to cool.
2. Measure salt into a mortar (or small electric spice grinder). Peel garlic and mash into salt. Mash in remaining ingredients.
3. Rub about 1 teaspoon on each side of a steak during the last few seconds of grilling. Also good on pork and chicken.
— Leah Eskin, The Chicago Tribune