Serves 4 to 6
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
6 to 8 small dried red chilies
1 pound snow peas, trimmed
- Costco will buy most farmed salmon from Norway, not Chile
- Italian court throws out Knox conviction once and for all
- Let's cut traffic by road rationing, Italian style
- Hey, drivers, good luck penetrating the new Seattle
- Police kill student in German uniform
Most Read Stories
1 bunch scallions, trimmed, chopped in 1-inch lengths
Salt and pepper
4 garlic cloves, minced
½ teaspoon grated ginger
½ teaspoon sesame oil
3 tablespoons crushed roasted peanuts
2 tablespoons roughly chopped cilantro
1. Put vegetable oil in a wok over high heat. When oil looks wavy, add chilies and let sizzle for a few seconds.
2. Add snow peas and scallions and season well with salt and pepper. Cook vegetables over high heat, stirring constantly, until cooked through and lightly charred, two to three minutes. Peas should be bright green and crisp-tender.
3. Add garlic, ginger and sesame oil, toss well and cook a minute more. Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle with peanuts and cilantro.
— David Tanis, The New York Times