3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tablespoons sugar, or to taste
- WWU cancels classes Tuesday after racial threats on social media
- Seahawks re-sign Bryce Brown in Marshawn Lynch’s absence
- Report: Seahawks’ Marshawn Lynch has surgery Wednesday, could be back by late December
- Like Marshawn Lynch, Seahawks’ Thomas Rawls craves contact
- Seahawks ramblings: What got Cary Williams benched?
Most Read Stories
8 teaspoon ancho chili powder, or to taste
1¾ cups whole milk
¼ cup heavy cream
1 cinnamon stick
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Marshmallows or whipped cream, optional
1. In a medium pot, whisk together chocolate, cocoa, sugar and chili. Place pan over medium-low heat and whisk until chocolate begins to melt. Slowly whisk in milk, then cream. Drop in cinnamon stick. Bring to a simmer.
2. Remove pot from heat. Cover pot tightly and steep one hour. Whisk in vanilla and taste for sweetness, adding more sugar if you like. Warm over low heat before straining and serving hot, with marshmallows or whipped cream if desired.
Melissa Clark, The New York Times