4 to 6 servings
1 pound linguine
Salt and pepper
1 cup crème fraîche
- Mariners prospect hit by boat dies at age 20
- Low wages for aerospace workers despite tax breaks for employers
- Costco will buy most farmed salmon from Norway, not Chile
- Let's cut traffic by road rationing, Italian style
- A mom's tweet about Oreos in school stirs up culture wars
Most Read Stories
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
Pinch of cayenne
1 pound cooked crab meat, lump if possible
1 serrano or jalapeño chili, seeds removed and finely chopped, or less to taste
2 tablespoons finely cut chives
6 scallions, thinly sliced on an angle
1 tablespoon tarragon leaves, roughly chopped
Cilantro sprigs, for garnish
1. Put a large pot of water on to boil. Add linguine and a generous amount of salt and cook until al dente.
2. Meanwhile, in a wide skillet, warm the crème fraîche over medium heat. Stir in mustard and cayenne and season with salt and pepper. Add crab meat, stir to coat, and heat through.
3. Drain pasta and add to skillet. Toss gently to coat pasta, taking care not to break up the crab meat too much. Add the chili, chives, scallions and tarragon and toss to coat. Transfer to a warm serving dish and garnish with cilantro sprigs.
— David Tanis, The New York Times