2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Female tiger killed by mating partner at Sacramento Zoo
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Amid Zika fears, local family shares the reality of microcephaly
- Seahawks sign CFL receiver Jeff Fuller and running back Cameron Marshall
- Nigerian suicide bomber gets cold feet, refuses to kill
Most Read Stories
1 teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon sweet paprika
½ teaspoon dried thyme
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
¼ teaspoon ground allspice
1. Set the chicken breasts on a cutting board and slice horizontally across the piece to create two thinner halves. One at a time, cover each half with plastic wrap, then use a meat mallet to pound to an even thickness. Drizzle the pounded halves with the olive oil and rub all over.
2. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, thyme, salt, pepper and allspice. Rub the mixture over both sides of each of the four pieces of meat.
3. If cooking on the grill, heat to medium heat. Cook for two minutes per side. If cooking on the stovetop, in a large skillet heat 1 tablespoon of canola oil over medium-high. Cook for two to three minutes per side, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 160 F. Let rest for five minutes.
Nutrition information per serving: 170 calories; 45 calories from fat (26 percent of total calories); 5 g fat (1 g saturated; 0 g trans fats); 65 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrate; 0 g fiber; 4 g sugar; 26 g protein; 320 mg sodium.
Alison Ladman, The Associated Press