This is a Smooth Gazpacho for summer entertaining.
Makes 8 servings
2 large ripe tomatoes, cored and quartered
1 small red bell pepper, peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped
1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped
- Beloved Mama's Mexican Kitchen in Belltown to close
- Washington officer shoots men accused of earlier beer theft
- To retire at 55 takes big savings
- Queen Anne apartments -- at half the usual cost
- Bing no longer a search-engine blip
Most Read Stories
2 to 3 medium cloves garlic, peeled and coarsely chopped
1 medium jalapeño pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
2 slices rustic white bread, crusts removed, broken into coarse pieces
1 (32-ounce) jar vegetable juice (such as V8)
¾ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon Tabasco sauce
1. Process the tomatoes, bell pepper, cucumber, garlic and jalapeño in a food processor until very finely chopped.
2. Add the bread and leave the machine running until the soup is smooth. Add about half of the vegetable juice and process to blend.
3. Pour into a bowl and add the remaining juice, salt and Tabasco. Refrigerate until chilled.
From “City Cuisine” by Susan Feniger and Mary Sue Milliken.