This is a great-tasting holiday spread.
Makes 2 ½ cups 1/3 pound smoked salmon
2 green onions, chopped
3 (3-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
3 tablespoons butter, softened
- Beloved Mama's Mexican Kitchen in Belltown to close
- Washington officer shoots men accused of earlier beer theft
- Paul Allen's First & Goal signs letter expressing concerns over Sodo arena
- Seattle no longer America's fastest-growing big city
- West Seattle couple leaves all their assets -- $847,215 -- to Uncle Sam
Most Read Stories
2 tablespoons sour cream
3 tablespoons lemon juice
Crackers or thin-sliced French bread
1. In the bowl of a food processor, combine the salmon and green onion. Blend well.
2. With the processor running, gradually add the cream cheese, butter, sour cream, lemon juice and Tabasco to taste and blend until smooth.
3. Line a quart mold with plastic wrap, pack the mousse into the mold and refrigerate until set.
4. To serve, unmold the mousse onto a serving platter lined with lettuce leaves and surround it with crackers or thinly sliced French bread.
From The Seattle Times file