This is a great-tasting holiday spread.
Makes 2 ½ cups 1/3 pound smoked salmon
2 green onions, chopped
3 (3-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
3 tablespoons butter, softened
- Purple Heart plant bed vandalized days before Memorial Day
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
- Boeing tankers will be delivered to Air Force late — and incomplete
- Bellevue School District seeks to fire football coach Goncharoff over scandal
- A six-pack of observations from Seahawks' OTAs: Justin Britt, Alex Collins, Tharold Simon and more
Most Read Stories
2 tablespoons sour cream
3 tablespoons lemon juice
Crackers or thin-sliced French bread
1. In the bowl of a food processor, combine the salmon and green onion. Blend well.
2. With the processor running, gradually add the cream cheese, butter, sour cream, lemon juice and Tabasco to taste and blend until smooth.
3. Line a quart mold with plastic wrap, pack the mousse into the mold and refrigerate until set.
4. To serve, unmold the mousse onto a serving platter lined with lettuce leaves and surround it with crackers or thinly sliced French bread.
From The Seattle Times file