2 medium red, green and/or yellow sweet peppers, cut into strips
1 cup thinly sliced celery (2 stalks)
½ cup chopped onion (1 medium)
- Hawks didn't interview witnesses to ugly hotel incident involving draft pick
- Hawks didn't interview witnesses to ugly hotel incident involving draft pick Frank Clark
- The remarkable redemption of M's prospect Jesus Montero continues in Tacoma
- Woman seeking man she kissed at marathon hears from his wife
- UW's Micah Hatchie signs with Pittsburgh Steelers as undrafted free agent
Most Read Stories
8 pork loin chops, with bone, cut ¾-inch thick
½ teaspoon garlic salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
¼ cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
¼ cup orange juice
1 tablespoon chopped chipotle chili peppers in adobo sauce
½ teaspoon dried oregano
1. In a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker, layer sweet peppers, celery, and onion. Season chops with garlic salt and black pepper. In a very large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook chops, half at a time, until brown on both sides. Add chops to slow cooker. In a small bowl combine broth, orange juice, chipotle peppers, and oregano. Pour over the chops in cooker.
2. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 7 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 3½ hours.
3. Using a slotted spoon, transfer chops and vegetables to a serving platter, discarding cooking liquid.
Adapted by the Akron Beacon Journal from “Better Homes and Gardens Skinny Slow Cooker” ($19.99, softcover, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt)