2 large leeks, white parts only, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 large yellow onion, chopped
- With Marshawn Lynch retired, what will Seahawks do with money they save?
- Police: Ohio newborn appears to have died from dog bite
- Panthers' Cam Newton and Seahawks' Russell Wilson handled Super Bowl losses very differently
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson writes a thank-you letter to Peyton Manning
- Sale of Weyerhaeuser’s Federal Way campus means more intensive development
Most Read Stories
8 ounces cremini mushrooms, halved
2 medium fennel bulbs, trimmed and quartered
1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
½ cup chicken broth
½ cup white wine
1 tablespoon finely minced fresh rosemary
2 Meyer lemons, quartered
Salt and ground black pepper
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
½ teaspoon ground coriander
¼ teaspoon granulated garlic
¾ cup panko breadcrumbs
Egg noodles, cooked, to serve
1. In a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker, combine the leeks, garlic, onion, mushrooms, fennel, chicken thighs, broth, white wine, rosemary, lemons, ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon black pepper. Cook for seven or eight hours on low heat or for four to five hours on high heat.
2. Meanwhile, in a small skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the coriander, garlic and a pinch each of salt and black pepper. Stir in the breadcrumbs and cook, stirring, for two to three minutes, or until lightly toasted. Set aside.
3. When the chicken is done, remove and discard the lemons. Adjust seasonings with additional salt and pepper, as needed. To serve, place egg noodles in the bottom of serving bowls. Spoon the chicken and vegetables over the noodles along with some of the liquid. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
— Alison Ladman, The Associated Press