1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 (3-pound) boneless beef chuck roast
½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Police: Ohio newborn appears to have died from dog bite
- With Marshawn Lynch retired, what will Seahawks do with money they save?
- Sale of Weyerhaeuser’s Federal Way campus means more intensive development
- Unruly passenger diverts Boston-San Diego flight to Denver
Most Read Stories
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
1 (16-ounce) jar salsa verde
½ white onion, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, smashed
½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
12 corn tortillas, warmed
Shredded lettuce and chopped tomatoes, avocado and/or radishes, for topping
Lime wedges, for serving
1. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season beef with cumin, 1 teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Add to skillet and cook until golden brown, about three minutes per side.
2. Transfer the meat to a 6-quart slow cooker, then add salsa, onion and garlic. Cover and cook on high for six hours.
3. Remove meat to cutting board and shred with two forks, discarding the excess fat. Return the meat to the slow cooker and stir in cilantro.
4. Serve the meat in tortillas and top as desired. Serve with lime wedges.
— Adapted by the Tampa Bay Times from Food Network Magazine