Everyday Food offers this recipe for use in a slow cooker.
Makes 6 servings
1 medium yellow onion, diced small
3 garlic cloves, minced
6 tablespoons tomato paste
- Anonymous donor pays off landslide victim's $360K mortgage
- Could Chris Polk be a fit for the Seahawks?
- Seattle-to-suburb commuters prefer urban lifestyle
- Fire destroys Bellevue auto showroom, dozens of cars
- A Midcentury modern home for the history books
Most Read Stories
3 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano leaves (or 3 teaspoons dried)
1 beef chuck roast (4 pounds), halved
2 cups water
Coarse salt and ground pepper
1 to 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
1. In a 5-to-6-quart slow cooker, combine onion, garlic, tomato paste and oregano. Season roast with salt and pepper and place on top of onion mixture. Add 2 cups water, cover and cook on high until meat is tender and can easily be pulled apart with a fork, about 4 1/2 hours (or 9 hours on low). Let cool 10 minutes, then shred meat in slow cooker with 2 forks and stir in vinegar to taste.
For additional recipes for Slow-Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage, Slow-Cooker Sweet-and-Spicy Chicken and Slow Cooker Cajun Stew go to seattletimes.com/food
From Everyday Food