Makes 4 to 6 servings 12 ounces bulk sausage (such as Jimmy Dean) ½ cup chopped celery 3 ounces mushrooms, cleaned and chopped 1 cup...
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 12 ounces bulk sausage (such as Jimmy Dean)
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 3 ounces mushrooms, cleaned and chopped
- Artificially produced water delivers Israel from drought
- 'Granny panties' making a comeback as women say no to thongs
- Seahawks' Michael Bennett admits he wants a new deal
- 2nd man comes forward with accusation against Hastert
- Seahawks' honest approach won over cornerback Cary Williams in free-agency tour
Most Read Stories
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 can (10 ¾ ounces) cream of mushroom soup
- 2 teaspoons chicken-flavored stock base or bouillon
- 1 ½ cups hot water
- ½ teaspoon dried marjoram
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1. Crumble sausage into a hot skillet and cook until no longer pink. Add celery and mushrooms; cook until softened. Pour off fat. Combine with rice and mushroom soup. Dissolve stock base in hot water and add to rice with marjoram, thyme and cheese.
2. Pour into a 3-quart casserole dish and cover. Bake in preheated 325-degree oven about 1 hour or until rice is tender and dry. Let sit about 10 minutes before serving.
Submitted by Bunnee Butterfield