Makes 4 to 6 servings 12 ounces bulk sausage (such as Jimmy Dean) ½ cup chopped celery 3 ounces mushrooms, cleaned and chopped 1 cup...
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 12 ounces bulk sausage (such as Jimmy Dean)
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 3 ounces mushrooms, cleaned and chopped
- Costco will buy most farmed salmon from Norway, not Chile
- Mariners prospect hit by boat dies at age 20
- Italian court throws out Knox conviction once and for all
- Let's cut traffic by road rationing, Italian style
- Russell Wilson hits homer with Texas Rangers
Most Read Stories
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 can (10 ¾ ounces) cream of mushroom soup
- 2 teaspoons chicken-flavored stock base or bouillon
- 1 ½ cups hot water
- ½ teaspoon dried marjoram
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1. Crumble sausage into a hot skillet and cook until no longer pink. Add celery and mushrooms; cook until softened. Pour off fat. Combine with rice and mushroom soup. Dissolve stock base in hot water and add to rice with marjoram, thyme and cheese.
2. Pour into a 3-quart casserole dish and cover. Bake in preheated 325-degree oven about 1 hour or until rice is tender and dry. Let sit about 10 minutes before serving.
Submitted by Bunnee Butterfield