Makes 4 to 6 servings 12 ounces bulk sausage (such as Jimmy Dean) ½ cup chopped celery 3 ounces mushrooms, cleaned and chopped 1 cup...
Makes 4 to 6 servings
– 12 ounces bulk sausage (such as Jimmy Dean)
– ½ cup chopped celery
– 3 ounces mushrooms, cleaned and chopped
- Seattle City Council kills sale of street for Sodo arena; Sonics fans despair
- Former Skyline High QB Jake Heaps signs with Seahawks
- 9 arrested, 5 officers hurt as May Day anti-capitalist march turns violent
- Sinkhole forms above Sound Transit light-rail tunnel in Roosevelt area
- Breaking down the Seahawks' reported undrafted free agents
Most Read Stories
– 1 cup long-grain white rice
– 1 can (10 ¾ ounces) cream of mushroom soup
– 2 teaspoons chicken-flavored stock base or bouillon
– 1 ½ cups hot water
– ½ teaspoon dried marjoram
– ½ teaspoon dried thyme
– 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1. Crumble sausage into a hot skillet and cook until no longer pink. Add celery and mushrooms; cook until softened. Pour off fat. Combine with rice and mushroom soup. Dissolve stock base in hot water and add to rice with marjoram, thyme and cheese.
2. Pour into a 3-quart casserole dish and cover. Bake in preheated 325-degree oven about 1 hour or until rice is tender and dry. Let sit about 10 minutes before serving.
Submitted by Bunnee Butterfield