3 tablespoons packed dark-brown sugar
2 tablespoons orange juice
1 ½ teaspoons smoked paprika
- With death on table, McEnroe jury's friendships crumbled
- Microsoft employees -- past and present -- look back over the years
- Salary cap expert Joel Corry with another look at Russell Wilson's contract
- To retire at 55 takes big savings
- No time to eat in Silicon Valley, so techies chug their protein
Most Read Stories
¼ teaspoon ground cumin
¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
¼ teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
4 center-cut, skin-on salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
1. Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium heat.
2. Stir sugar, orange juice, paprika, cumin and crushed red pepper in a small bowl until the sugar dissolves.
3. Sprinkle salt and pepper on flesh side of salmon.
4. Grill salmon, skin side up, four minutes, then carefully turn salmon over. Brush sugar mixture over salmon. Cook four to five minutes longer or until just opaque throughout, continuously brushing sugar mixture over salmon. (Instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center of fillets should register 145 degrees.)
5. Carefully remove salmon from grill by sliding long, thin spatula between fish and grill grate. Discard skin.
Adapted by The (Raleigh, N.C.) News & Observer from “The Good Housekeeping Test Kitchen Grilling Cookbook: 225 Sizzling Recipes for Every Season,” (Hearst Books, 2013)