3 pounds medium-sized white potatoes, peeled
4 tablespoons olive oil
¾ teaspoon salt
- School board rebukes Bellevue football program; possible two-year ban for coach Butch Goncharoff
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Five veteran Seahawks whose roles could be most impacted by additions from the NFL draft
- Mayor, Chris Hansen denounce misogynistic comments over council arena vote
- Sport fishermen protesting in La Conner on Wednesday as tribal gill-net salmon fishery gets underway
Most Read Stories
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 medium shallots, peeled and minced
1 medium clove garlic, peeled and minced
1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage leaves
1. Cut the potatoes into quarters. Place in a steamer basket set over boiling water, cover and steam 20 minutes, or until almost tender. The potatoes can be prepared to this point and held in refrigeration.
2. In a large heavy skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the potatoes and brown lightly, about 10 to 15 minutes. Add the salt, pepper, shallots and garlic; stir two minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the sage leaves.
3. The potatoes can be spooned into a casserole dish and held in a warm oven until ready to serve.
Adapted by The Seattle Times in 1990 from “Cucina Fresca” by Viana La Place and Evan Kleiman.