3 pounds medium-sized white potatoes, peeled
4 tablespoons olive oil
¾ teaspoon salt
- Seahawks' Marshawn Lynch announces retirement in his own, unique fashion
- With Marshawn Lynch retired, what will Seahawks do with money they save?
- Black Sabbath calls it a night at the Tacoma Dome — for good
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson writes a thank-you letter to Peyton Manning
- Marshawn Lynch’s retirement announcement wasn’t classy, but it was perfect
Most Read Stories
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 medium shallots, peeled and minced
1 medium clove garlic, peeled and minced
1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage leaves
1. Cut the potatoes into quarters. Place in a steamer basket set over boiling water, cover and steam 20 minutes, or until almost tender. The potatoes can be prepared to this point and held in refrigeration.
2. In a large heavy skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the potatoes and brown lightly, about 10 to 15 minutes. Add the salt, pepper, shallots and garlic; stir two minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the sage leaves.
3. The potatoes can be spooned into a casserole dish and held in a warm oven until ready to serve.
Adapted by The Seattle Times in 1990 from “Cucina Fresca” by Viana La Place and Evan Kleiman.