Remove stalks and leaves if still attached to the kohlrabi bulbs. Peel bulbs with a sharp paring knife, removing the green skin and outer 1/8-inch of the...
Makes 3 to 4 side-dish servings
- 4 medium kohlrabi bulbs
- 1 clove garlic, sliced lengthwise into quarters
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- UW tops new list of best western universities
- Every street can't handle every use, mayor says
- Warren Moon on Marshawn Lynch: "He just doesn't trust a lot of people''
- After ditching Amex, Costco embraces Citi, Visa
- Confidence is key for 24-year-old lawmaker
Most Read Stories
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup shaved Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Remove stalks and leaves if still attached to the kohlrabi bulbs. Peel bulbs with a sharp paring knife, removing the green skin and outer 1/8-inch of the flesh. Cut into about ¾-inch dice. Put into a 2 ½-quart casserole dish and toss with garlic, olive oil and salt.
3. Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees. Roast kohlrabi, turning occasionally, about 30 to 35 minutes or until well browned. Remove from oven and discard garlic. Toss with pepper, divide among plates and top with Parmesan. Serve immediately.
Adapted from “Vegetables Every Day” by Jack Bishop