1 large eggplant (about 1 pound), sliced into ¼-inch rounds
Salt and pepper, to taste
¼ cup olive oil
- Seattle fifth-graders will get their camp trip, but teachers refuse to go
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Five things to watch as Seahawks begin OTAs Monday
- Ivar’s looks to sell, lease back two venerable restaurant sites
- What the national media are saying about Robinson Cano and the Mariners' hot start to the season
Most Read Stories
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
¼ cup sherry vinegar
2 teaspoon sugar
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh marjoram
½ cup olive oil, extra
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Brush both sides of eggplant slices with oil; place, in single layer, on baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Roast about 25 minutes, turning eggplant slices once, until lightly browned both sides.
3. Meanwhile, combine onion, vinegar, sugar, marjoram and extra oil in small bowl; season to taste. Spoon onion mixture over eggplant.
4. Serve eggplant warm or at room temperature with crusty bread.
—Adapted by Austin American-Statesman from “Mediterranean Cooking: More than 150 Favorites to Enjoy with Family and Friends,” by Pamela Clark (Sterling Publishing Co., $19.95).