1 large eggplant (about 1 pound), sliced into ¼-inch rounds
Salt and pepper, to taste
¼ cup olive oil
- Unusual motel sting casts wide net on illicit activity
- Costco will buy most farmed salmon from Norway, not Chile
- Italian court throws out Knox conviction once and for all
- Priced out? Growing numbers appear to be fleeing King County
- 5 Seahawks takeaways from the NFL League Meetings
Most Read Stories
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
¼ cup sherry vinegar
2 teaspoon sugar
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh marjoram
½ cup olive oil, extra
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Brush both sides of eggplant slices with oil; place, in single layer, on baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Roast about 25 minutes, turning eggplant slices once, until lightly browned both sides.
3. Meanwhile, combine onion, vinegar, sugar, marjoram and extra oil in small bowl; season to taste. Spoon onion mixture over eggplant.
4. Serve eggplant warm or at room temperature with crusty bread.
—Adapted by Austin American-Statesman from “Mediterranean Cooking: More than 150 Favorites to Enjoy with Family and Friends,” by Pamela Clark (Sterling Publishing Co., $19.95).