Kosher salt and ground black pepper
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 ½ tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Every street can't handle every use, mayor says
- UW tops new list of best western universities
- Warren Moon on Marshawn Lynch: "He just doesn't trust a lot of people''
- After ditching Amex, Costco embraces Citi, Visa
- Confidence is key for 24-year-old lawmaker
Most Read Stories
½ pound asparagus, tough stems trimmed and discarded (peeled if thicker than 1/3 inch)
1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
4 ounces firm white button mushrooms, thinly sliced
1/3 cup pistachios or chopped toasted walnuts
1 ounce shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
1. In a large bowl, combine a hefty pinch of salt, some black pepper and the lemon juice. Whisk until the salt is dissolved, then add the oil in a stream, whisking. Set aside.
2. Lay the asparagus flat on a cutting board and slice a few stalks at a time very thin on a diagonal to create thin oblong slices. Add to the salad bowl along with the parsley, mushrooms and pistachios or walnuts. Toss well to coat with the dressing. Divide the salad among 4 serving plates and top each portion with some of the cheese.
From Sara Moulton