Kosher salt and ground black pepper
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 ½ tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ‘Historic’ tuition cut sets state apart from rest of U.S.
- Seattle man charged with vehicular homicide in cyclist’s death
- Nurse dies from injuries in attack near CenturyLink Field
- Seahawks mailbag: Bobby Wagner's contract, Brandon Mebane's future, and more
- As fast-moving wildfire hits Quincy, police say Wenatchee blaze man-made
Most Read Stories
½ pound asparagus, tough stems trimmed and discarded (peeled if thicker than 1/3 inch)
1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
4 ounces firm white button mushrooms, thinly sliced
1/3 cup pistachios or chopped toasted walnuts
1 ounce shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
1. In a large bowl, combine a hefty pinch of salt, some black pepper and the lemon juice. Whisk until the salt is dissolved, then add the oil in a stream, whisking. Set aside.
2. Lay the asparagus flat on a cutting board and slice a few stalks at a time very thin on a diagonal to create thin oblong slices. Add to the salad bowl along with the parsley, mushrooms and pistachios or walnuts. Toss well to coat with the dressing. Divide the salad among 4 serving plates and top each portion with some of the cheese.
From Sara Moulton