Two dozen cookies
½ cup butter, softened
½ cup sugar
¼ cup dark brown sugar
- Turkey’s president, Putin hurl insults after plane downed
- Teen, one of 14 siblings, finally gets to be a kid
- Seattle sushi fans, rejoice: Shiro's new place is open
- UW fires women’s crew coach Bob Ernst
- 2015 Apple Cup might be the start of something big for UW Huskies, WSU Cougars
Most Read Stories
1½ teaspoons vanilla
½ 15 oz. can puréed pumpkin
2 cups all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
2 regular or 8 fun-size Butterfinger candy bars, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In the large bowl of a mixer with a paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars on medium speed. Add egg, vanilla, and pumpkin, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
3. In a medium bowl sift together flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and pumpkin pie spice. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture in two additions, scraping down the sides of the bowl and mixing until just combined. Stir in chopped Butterfingers.
4. Roll dough into 1½-inch balls and place two inches apart on baking sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven and cool two minutes on baking sheet. Transfer cookies to cooling rack and rest for 10 minutes.
Adapted by Melissa Martinez, Austin American-Statesman