16 ounces orecchiette pasta
1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
3 tablespoons olive oil
- Amazon rolls out free same-day delivery for Prime members
- 'Granny panties' making a comeback as women say no to thongs
- They were millionaires for 3 months, but Seattle couple didn't know it
- Shopping video undoes woman's case against SPD
- Russell Wilson's agent says in 710 ESPN Seattle interview that contract talks are 'encouraging'
Most Read Stories
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
1 fennel bulb, trimmed and thinly sliced
4 ounces prosciutto, cut into thin strips
1 cup diced cantaloupe
½ cup torn fresh basil leaves
Salt and ground black pepper
Shaved Parmesan cheese
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to package directions.
2. Two minutes before the pasta is finished cooking, add the asparagus. When the pasta is finished, drain immediately and mix in several ice cubes. Stand the strainer of pasta and asparagus in the sink and run cool water over them until completely cooled.
3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl whisk together the olive oil, vinegar and mustard. Add the cooked and cooled pasta and asparagus, the fennel, prosciutto, cantaloupe and basil. Gently stir to combine and distribute the dressing. Season with salt and pepper, then garnish with the Parmesan.
Nutrition information per serving: 320 calories; 70 calories from fat (22 percent of total calories); 8 g fat (1.5 g saturated; 0 g trans fats); 10 mg cholesterol; 49 g carbohydrate; 4 g fiber; 4 g sugar; 14 g protein; 470 mg sodium.
Alison Ladman, The Associated Press