Makes 1½ cups of sauce
1 bunch basil, or approximately 2 cups packed leaves
¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
3 cup walnuts, toasted
- Who do post-Combine mock drafts have the Seahawks selecting?
- Belltown ticket trap turns drivers into 'sitting ducks'
- Microsoft pair claim 'hostess bar' expense queries led to firing
- Slugger Nelson Cruz makes strong first impression with Mariners
- Seattle's new seawall also a highway for fish
Most Read Stories
3 cup water
¼ cup cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1½ tablespoons lemon juice
3 cup nutritional yeast
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Combine basil, olive oil, toasted walnuts, water, chickpeas, garlic, lemon juice, and nutritional yeast in a food processor or high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour sauce into a medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
By Sarah Matheny, “More Peas, Thank You” (Harlequin, $21.95), Austin American-Statesman