Makes 1 serving
1 pack ramen noodles with flavor packet
1 large egg
½ teaspoon butter
- Roads could be a mess this weekend — and Monday
- Seven things to know about Seahawks rookie Tyler Lockett
- New GM Jerry Dipoto provides more insight into how he’ll turn Mariners around
- Parents of toddler killed in Bellevue to return to India
- Hope Solo’s domestic-violence charges revived
Most Read Stories
2 slices American cheese
¼ teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
½ scallion, green part only, thinly sliced on the bias (optional)
1. Bring 2½ cups of water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add the noodles and cook for two minutes. Add the flavor packet, stir, and continue to cook for another 30 seconds.
2. Remove the pan from the heat and carefully add the egg. Do not stir; pull the noodles over the egg and let sit for one minute to poach.
3. Carefully transfer everything to a serving bowl, add the butter, cheese and sesame seeds and mix. Garnish with the scallions if desired.
Adapted by The New York Times from Roy Choi