Makes two dozen
¾ cup butter
¾ cup sugar
¾ cup brown sugar
- Mariners prospect hit by boat dies at age 20
- Costco will buy most farmed salmon from Norway, not Chile
- Low wages for aerospace workers despite tax breaks for employers
- Let's cut traffic by road rationing, Italian style
- A mom's tweet about Oreos in school stirs up culture wars
Most Read Stories
¾ cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
2 regular or 6 fun-size boxes of Milk Duds
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In the large bowl of a mixer with a paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars on medium speed. Add eggs, one at a time, vanilla and peanut butter, mixing well after each addition.
2. In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add flour mixture to butter mixture in two additions, scraping down the sides of the bowl and mixing until just combined. Chill dough for one hour.
3. Roll dough into 1½-inch balls. You can either hide one Milk Dud inside each cookie or roll the dough around the Milk Dud for cookies with a visible chocolate center. Place cookies two inches apart on baking sheet. Bake for about 14 minutes, or until cookies are lightly brown on the edges, and cool for three minutes on baking sheet.
4. Transfer cookies to a cooling rack and rest for five minutes.
Adapted by Melissa Martinez, Austin American-Statesman, from a Taste of Home