Makes two dozen
¾ cup butter
¾ cup sugar
¾ cup brown sugar
- The hidden homeless: families in the suburbs
- How the Seahawks got two first-round picks in the NFL draft
- Here are Seattle-area companies employees enjoy working at most
- Mayor, Chris Hansen denounce misogynistic comments over council arena vote
- Home prices charge ahead, driving some buyers farther afield
Most Read Stories
¾ cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
2 regular or 6 fun-size boxes of Milk Duds
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In the large bowl of a mixer with a paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars on medium speed. Add eggs, one at a time, vanilla and peanut butter, mixing well after each addition.
2. In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add flour mixture to butter mixture in two additions, scraping down the sides of the bowl and mixing until just combined. Chill dough for one hour.
3. Roll dough into 1½-inch balls. You can either hide one Milk Dud inside each cookie or roll the dough around the Milk Dud for cookies with a visible chocolate center. Place cookies two inches apart on baking sheet. Bake for about 14 minutes, or until cookies are lightly brown on the edges, and cool for three minutes on baking sheet.
4. Transfer cookies to a cooling rack and rest for five minutes.
Adapted by Melissa Martinez, Austin American-Statesman, from a Taste of Home