Serves four to six
2 cups medium-bodied dry red wine, like gamay or Côtes du Rhône
¼ cup sugar
½ teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
- Clay Matthews tells Colin Kaepernick: ‘You ain’t Russell Wilson, bro’
- Watch: Former Mariners great Ichiro Suzuki pitches — yes, pitches — for the Marlins
- Death of Evergreen player, other injuries renew football-safety debate
- Seahawks Game Center: Seattle holds off Detroit Lions for 'Monday Night Football' victory
Most Read Stories
Pinch grated nutmeg
½ teaspoon grated ginger
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
4 large ripe peaches or nectarines
¼ cup blackberries, for garnish (optional)
1. Put wine in a glass or stainless-steel bowl. Add sugar and stir to dissolve, then add lemon zest, nutmeg, ginger and black pepper. Chill well.
2. Peel peaches and cut into ½-inch wedges. Cover with plastic wrap and chill.
3. To serve, pour a third to a half-cup chilled wine mixture into four to six wide-mouthed wineglasses or coupes. Add sliced peaches to each glass, dividing them evenly. Garnish each portion with a few blackberries, if desired.
David Tanis, The New York Times