Serves four to six
2 cups medium-bodied dry red wine, like gamay or Côtes du Rhône
¼ cup sugar
½ teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Husky guide on UW cheerleading tryouts goes global
- CEO makes fiery emails about Muslims part of the workday
- Look like this, not that: UW pulls cheerleader-tryout advice after angry backlash
- Oh smack: Garbage truck hits Alaskan Way Viaduct
- Seahawks get high grades for drafting of Jarran Reed, while reaction to other picks a little more varied
Most Read Stories
Pinch grated nutmeg
½ teaspoon grated ginger
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
4 large ripe peaches or nectarines
¼ cup blackberries, for garnish (optional)
1. Put wine in a glass or stainless-steel bowl. Add sugar and stir to dissolve, then add lemon zest, nutmeg, ginger and black pepper. Chill well.
2. Peel peaches and cut into ½-inch wedges. Cover with plastic wrap and chill.
3. To serve, pour a third to a half-cup chilled wine mixture into four to six wide-mouthed wineglasses or coupes. Add sliced peaches to each glass, dividing them evenly. Garnish each portion with a few blackberries, if desired.
David Tanis, The New York Times