Salt and pepper
4 salmon fillets
3 tablespoons butter
- Narcotics dog hospitalized after ingesting meth
- It's no easy task, but contract extension for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson will get done
- Newcomers arriving in record numbers, but from where?
- Toppled fish truck makes a stinker of a commute Tuesday night
- Amazon devouring quarter of Seattle's best office space
Most Read Stories
½ cup honey
½ cup bourbon
½ teaspoon chipotle chili powder
1 teaspoon lime juice
Candied lime zest
1. Salt and pepper the salmon. Melt butter in a skillet. Place salmon in skillet skin-side-up and sear one to two minutes. Remove it from skillet and set aside.
2. To make glaze: Add honey, bourbon, chili powder and lime juice to the skillet and whisk these ingredients together; heat them on low. Let glaze thicken slightly; return salmon to the pan and cook the mixture three to five minutes, or until salmon is light pink inside. Drizzle glaze over salmon and garnish with the candied lime zest.
Adapted by Lexington Herald-Leader (Lexington, Ky.) from “The Kentucky Bourbon Cookbook” by Albert W.A. Schmid