Salt and pepper
4 salmon fillets
3 tablespoons butter
- With Marshawn Lynch retired, what will Seahawks do with money they save?
- Police: Ohio newborn appears to have died from dog bite
- Panthers' Cam Newton and Seahawks' Russell Wilson handled Super Bowl losses very differently
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson writes a thank-you letter to Peyton Manning
- $3.7 million in 3 months: I-405 tolls rake in more than 3 times expected income
Most Read Stories
½ cup honey
½ cup bourbon
½ teaspoon chipotle chili powder
1 teaspoon lime juice
Candied lime zest
1. Salt and pepper the salmon. Melt butter in a skillet. Place salmon in skillet skin-side-up and sear one to two minutes. Remove it from skillet and set aside.
2. To make glaze: Add honey, bourbon, chili powder and lime juice to the skillet and whisk these ingredients together; heat them on low. Let glaze thicken slightly; return salmon to the pan and cook the mixture three to five minutes, or until salmon is light pink inside. Drizzle glaze over salmon and garnish with the candied lime zest.
Adapted by Lexington Herald-Leader (Lexington, Ky.) from “The Kentucky Bourbon Cookbook” by Albert W.A. Schmid