Salt and pepper
4 salmon fillets
3 tablespoons butter
- Rolled semi spills 14 million bees on I-5 near Lynnwood
- Man's journey to find birth mom ends — at work
- 14 million spilled bees on I-5: 'Everybody's been stung'
- Shawn Kemp to co-host party celebrating Thunder missing playoffs
- Rolled semi spills load of bees at I-5 and I-405 interchange
Most Read Stories
½ cup honey
½ cup bourbon
½ teaspoon chipotle chili powder
1 teaspoon lime juice
Candied lime zest
1. Salt and pepper the salmon. Melt butter in a skillet. Place salmon in skillet skin-side-up and sear one to two minutes. Remove it from skillet and set aside.
2. To make glaze: Add honey, bourbon, chili powder and lime juice to the skillet and whisk these ingredients together; heat them on low. Let glaze thicken slightly; return salmon to the pan and cook the mixture three to five minutes, or until salmon is light pink inside. Drizzle glaze over salmon and garnish with the candied lime zest.
Adapted by Lexington Herald-Leader (Lexington, Ky.) from “The Kentucky Bourbon Cookbook” by Albert W.A. Schmid