Salt and pepper
4 salmon fillets
3 tablespoons butter
- Amazon rolls out free same-day delivery for Prime members
- They were millionaires for 3 months, but Seattle couple didn't know it
- 'Granny panties' making a comeback as women say no to thongs
- Shopping video undoes woman's case against SPD
- Russell Wilson's agent says in 710 ESPN Seattle interview that contract talks are 'encouraging'
Most Read Stories
½ cup honey
½ cup bourbon
½ teaspoon chipotle chili powder
1 teaspoon lime juice
Candied lime zest
1. Salt and pepper the salmon. Melt butter in a skillet. Place salmon in skillet skin-side-up and sear one to two minutes. Remove it from skillet and set aside.
2. To make glaze: Add honey, bourbon, chili powder and lime juice to the skillet and whisk these ingredients together; heat them on low. Let glaze thicken slightly; return salmon to the pan and cook the mixture three to five minutes, or until salmon is light pink inside. Drizzle glaze over salmon and garnish with the candied lime zest.
Adapted by Lexington Herald-Leader (Lexington, Ky.) from “The Kentucky Bourbon Cookbook” by Albert W.A. Schmid