Makes 1½ cups of sauce
¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
¼ cup raw almonds
3 cup water
- Who do post-Combine mock drafts have the Seahawks selecting?
- Belltown ticket trap turns drivers into 'sitting ducks'
- Microsoft pair claim 'hostess bar' expense queries led to firing
- Slugger Nelson Cruz makes strong first impression with Mariners
- Seattle's new seawall also a highway for fish
Most Read Stories
¼ cup cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
¼ cup nutritional yeast
2½ tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
¼ teaspoon salt
¾ teaspoon curry powder
½ teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon dried cilantro
1. In a high-speed blender or food processor, combine oil, almonds, water and chickpeas. Blend until relatively smooth. Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl, cover and refrigerate until serving.
From Sarah Matheny , “More Peas, Thank You” (Harlequin, $21.95), Austin American-Statesman