Serves 8 to 10
1¼ cups black Cerignola olives, or other brined black olives
1¼ cups green Castelvetrano olives, or other brined green olives
1¼ cups Taggiasca olives, or Kalamata
- Teen, one of 14 siblings, finally gets to be a kid
- Report: Seahawks’ Marshawn Lynch has surgery Wednesday, could be back by late December
- Students say WWU’s response to racist threats not enough
- Seattle sushi fans, rejoice: Shiro's new place is open
- WWU cancels classes Tuesday after racial threats on social media
Most Read Stories
Zest of 1 orange, cut in large strips
Zest of 1 lemon, cut in large strips
½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
6 green pickled peppers
3 cloves garlic
6 sprigs fresh thyme
1. Heat the oven to 550 degrees. In a large gratin dish, combine the olives, zest, oil, peppers, garlic and thyme. Bake until the olives are bubbly and beginning to prune, eight to 12 minutes (remove from the oven before the olives take on too much color, as they may become bitter). Cool slightly before serving.
NOTE: The olives can be found at many gourmet markets and select cheese stores, as well as online. Similar olives can be substituted.
Adapted by the Los Angeles Times from Lombardino’s Restaurant in Madison, Wis.