Serves 8 to 10
1¼ cups black Cerignola olives, or other brined black olives
1¼ cups green Castelvetrano olives, or other brined green olives
1¼ cups Taggiasca olives, or Kalamata
- Death of Evergreen player, other injuries renew football-safety debate
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
- Clay Matthews tells Colin Kaepernick: ‘You ain’t Russell Wilson, bro’
- Seahawks Game Center: Seattle holds off Detroit Lions for 'Monday Night Football' victory
- Watch: Former Mariners great Ichiro Suzuki pitches — yes, pitches — for the Marlins
Most Read Stories
Zest of 1 orange, cut in large strips
Zest of 1 lemon, cut in large strips
½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
6 green pickled peppers
3 cloves garlic
6 sprigs fresh thyme
1. Heat the oven to 550 degrees. In a large gratin dish, combine the olives, zest, oil, peppers, garlic and thyme. Bake until the olives are bubbly and beginning to prune, eight to 12 minutes (remove from the oven before the olives take on too much color, as they may become bitter). Cool slightly before serving.
NOTE: The olives can be found at many gourmet markets and select cheese stores, as well as online. Similar olives can be substituted.
Adapted by the Los Angeles Times from Lombardino’s Restaurant in Madison, Wis.