6 to 8 servings
One 8- or 9-inch unbaked pie shell
1 cup chocolate chips
2 large eggs
- School board rebukes Bellevue football program; possible two-year ban for coach Butch Goncharoff
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Mayor, Chris Hansen denounce misogynistic comments over council arena vote
- How the Seahawks got two first-round picks in the NFL draft
- Five veteran Seahawks whose roles could be most impacted by additions from the NFL draft
Most Read Stories
1 cup sugar
½ cup flour
8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 cup walnuts, coarsely ground
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Whipped cream, for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Have an 8- or 9-inch pie plate at hand.
2. Place the unbaked pie shell in the plate. Sprinkle the bottom of the pie shell evenly with chocolate chips.
3. Whisk together the eggs, 1 cup of sugar and flour in a mixing bowl. Gradually mix in the butter, then add the nuts and vanilla extract. Carefully pour the mixture over the chocolate chips, in a circular motion so it does not disturb the chips. Bake for one hour, until the filling is set.
4. Serve slightly warm, with whipped cream, if desired.
From The Washington Post