6 to 8 servings
One 8- or 9-inch unbaked pie shell
1 cup chocolate chips
2 large eggs
- Amazon rolls out free same-day delivery for Prime members
- They were millionaires for 3 months, but Seattle couple didn't know it
- 'Granny panties' making a comeback as women say no to thongs
- Russell Wilson's agent says in 710 ESPN Seattle interview that contract talks are 'encouraging'
- Shopping video undoes woman's case against SPD
Most Read Stories
1 cup sugar
½ cup flour
8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 cup walnuts, coarsely ground
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Whipped cream, for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Have an 8- or 9-inch pie plate at hand.
2. Place the unbaked pie shell in the plate. Sprinkle the bottom of the pie shell evenly with chocolate chips.
3. Whisk together the eggs, 1 cup of sugar and flour in a mixing bowl. Gradually mix in the butter, then add the nuts and vanilla extract. Carefully pour the mixture over the chocolate chips, in a circular motion so it does not disturb the chips. Bake for one hour, until the filling is set.
4. Serve slightly warm, with whipped cream, if desired.
From The Washington Post