6 to 8 servings
One 8- or 9-inch unbaked pie shell
1 cup chocolate chips
2 large eggs
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
- Clay Matthews tells Colin Kaepernick: ‘You ain’t Russell Wilson, bro’
- Watch: Former Mariners great Ichiro Suzuki pitches — yes, pitches — for the Marlins
- Gun violence: Don’t fear gun laws; let gun-owners help pay to fix the problem
- Evergreen High School football player critically injured during game
Most Read Stories
1 cup sugar
½ cup flour
8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 cup walnuts, coarsely ground
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Whipped cream, for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Have an 8- or 9-inch pie plate at hand.
2. Place the unbaked pie shell in the plate. Sprinkle the bottom of the pie shell evenly with chocolate chips.
3. Whisk together the eggs, 1 cup of sugar and flour in a mixing bowl. Gradually mix in the butter, then add the nuts and vanilla extract. Carefully pour the mixture over the chocolate chips, in a circular motion so it does not disturb the chips. Bake for one hour, until the filling is set.
4. Serve slightly warm, with whipped cream, if desired.
From The Washington Post