6 to 8 servings
One 8- or 9-inch unbaked pie shell
1 cup chocolate chips
2 large eggs
- McMorris Rodgers should ask hometown folks about Obamacare
- Seattle congestion: We're No. 5
- Expedia expected to announce Seattle move
- Seahawks re-sign FB/DL Will Tukuafu
- Seattle traffic congestion: We're No. 5
Most Read Stories
1 cup sugar
½ cup flour
8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 cup walnuts, coarsely ground
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Whipped cream, for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Have an 8- or 9-inch pie plate at hand.
2. Place the unbaked pie shell in the plate. Sprinkle the bottom of the pie shell evenly with chocolate chips.
3. Whisk together the eggs, 1 cup of sugar and flour in a mixing bowl. Gradually mix in the butter, then add the nuts and vanilla extract. Carefully pour the mixture over the chocolate chips, in a circular motion so it does not disturb the chips. Bake for one hour, until the filling is set.
4. Serve slightly warm, with whipped cream, if desired.
From The Washington Post