Serves 2 to 4
¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
2 ounces dried chorizo, diced
- Purple Heart plant bed vandalized days before Memorial Day
- Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, rent
- Refusal in Bernie Sandersland to accept reality is really unreal
- Central District’s shrinking black community wonders what’s next
- All’s still not smooth for Uber after its bumpy ride to Sea-Tac Airport
Most Read Stories
10 cherry tomatoes, halved
Pinch of crushed red pepper
Ground black pepper
One 15-ounce can cannellini beans, drained
2 pounds mussels, scrubbed and debearded
Chopped parsley and grilled bread, for serving
1. In a large, deep skillet, combine the olive oil with the garlic and chorizo and cook over high heat for one minute. Add the cherry tomatoes and crushed red pepper, season with salt and black pepper and cook for one minute.
2. Add the cannellini beans, mussels and ½ cup of water, cover and cook over high heat until the mussel shells open, about three minutes; discard any mussels that don’t open.
3. Transfer the mussels, beans, tomatoes and chorizo to deep bowls, sprinkle with parsley and serve with grilled bread.
Adapted by Tampa Bay Times from Food & Wine