Serves 8-12 1 large egg, lightly beaten 2 tablespoons mayonnaise 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives 1 pound cooked...
1 large egg, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- Man shot dead in South Seattle while on phone with mom
- Seahawks sign four-year extension with linebacker Bobby Wagner worth a reported $43 million
- Impressions from Day 2 of Seahawks' training camp
- Higher wages a surprising success for Seattle restaurant Ivar's
Most Read Stories
1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
1 pound cooked Dungeness crabmeat, in 1/2-inch chunks
1/2 cup fresh corn kernels
1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
Pinch of cayenne pepper
1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons each unsalted butter and olive oil, divided
1/2 cup Grilled Tomato Aioli (see recipe)
In a large bowl, combine egg, mayonnaise, mustard and chives. Mix in crab, corn and fresh breadcrumbs. Season with salt and cayenne.
Spread out the panko. Divide crab mixture into 18 portions and shape into cakes about 2 inches in diameter and 3/4-inch thick. Coat completely with panko. Transfer to a clean baking sheet, cover with plastic wrap and chill one to six hours.
Melt a tablespoon of butter with a tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add half the crabcakes; saute, turning once, until golden brown, about 2 ½ minutes per side.
4. Top with dollops of aioli. Serve immediately.
Grilled tomato aioli
Makes 1 cup
Note: This sauce is also great for grilled meats or as a dip.
1 medium ripe tomato, sliced 1-inch thick
4 medium garlic cloves
3/4 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
Salt, white pepper
Pinch of cayenne, ancho or chipotle chili powder
Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray; grill tomato until it has dark grill marks, three to four minutes. Turn and grill another two minutes. Remove the skin and let cool.
2. In a food processor, finely mince the garlic. Add tomato and process until well blended. Add mayonnaise and process until smooth. Add basil and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt, pepper and cayenne. Use immediately or refrigerate up to five days.
From “Seriously Simple Parties.”