8 to 10 servings
1 (4-pound) boneless leg of lamb
- Amazon.com just tip of Seattle boom
- Michael Bennett not expected to attend as Seahawks begin voluntary workouts
- Boeing retools Renton plant for 737's big ramp-up
- Auburn woman sentenced to life for torturing family
- Average price of legal pot drops to about $12 a gram
Most Read Stories
¼ cup olive oil
1 onion, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoons ground ginger
1. Unroll and pat dry the leg of lamb. Season generously on both sides with salt and pepper.
2. In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, onion, garlic, cumin and ginger. Roll the lamb in the bowl to coat all sides, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for two hours or overnight.
3. Prepare a hot grill for indirect heat. Cook on the part of the grill away from the heat, covered, for an hour or until cooked medium-rare or medium (140 to 160 degrees). Remove from heat and cover loosely with foil and allow to rest at least 20 to 30 minutes before carving and serving.
— From Daniel Neman, St. Louis Post-Dispatch