8 to 10 servings
1 (4-pound) boneless leg of lamb
- To retire at 55 takes big savings
- 2 young boys suffer 'significant' injuries in explosion in Enumclaw
- FBI, police investigating Seattle officer in violent 2010 incident
- B-boys to Balkan, the Northwest Folklife Festival is under way
- Jon Ryan going for title of NFL's most 'Ninja'-like punter
Most Read Stories
¼ cup olive oil
1 onion, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoons ground ginger
1. Unroll and pat dry the leg of lamb. Season generously on both sides with salt and pepper.
2. In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, onion, garlic, cumin and ginger. Roll the lamb in the bowl to coat all sides, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for two hours or overnight.
3. Prepare a hot grill for indirect heat. Cook on the part of the grill away from the heat, covered, for an hour or until cooked medium-rare or medium (140 to 160 degrees). Remove from heat and cover loosely with foil and allow to rest at least 20 to 30 minutes before carving and serving.
— From Daniel Neman, St. Louis Post-Dispatch