A holiday recipe for Mediterranean Lamb Meatballs With Yogurt Dip
Makes about 30 meatballs
3 tablespoons minced shallot
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 teaspoons minced lemon zest
- With Marshawn Lynch retired, what will Seahawks do with money they save?
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Police: Ohio newborn appears to have died from dog bite
- Panthers' Cam Newton and Seahawks' Russell Wilson handled Super Bowl losses very differently
- Sale of Weyerhaeuser’s Federal Way campus means more intensive development
Most Read Stories
1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon crushed red chili flakes
3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
1 pound ground lamb
1/2 cup (about 3 ounces weight) crumbled well-drained feta cheese
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
1/4 cup finely chopped pitted Kalamata olives
3 tablespoons dried currants
Garnish: fresh oregano sprigs
Yogurt Dip (see related recipe)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Spray a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. Combine shallot, garlic, lemon zest, oregano, salt, chili flakes and coriander together in a medium bowl. Then add lamb, feta, Worcestershire, pine nuts, olives and currants. Mix with clean dry hands until everything is incorporated well. Scoop up level tablespoon-sized portions (or use a #70 scoop) and shape into small balls. Place the meatballs, spaced apart, on the baking sheet.
3. Bake for about 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. Serve hot. Garnish with sprigs of fresh oregano, and serve with Yogurt Dip on the side.
Copyright 2010 by Kathy Casey Food Studios® Liquid Kitchen™ (www.kathycasey.com)