Makes 1/3 cup 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted 1 teaspoon capers, drained and mashed 1 teaspoon packed grated lemon zest ½ teaspoon...
Makes 1/3 cup
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 teaspoon capers, drained and mashed
1 teaspoon packed grated lemon zest
- Nathan Hale High School juniors boycott state test
- Scientists to study the 'modern miracle' of Ozzy Osbourne's survival
- Ditching Dreamliners: United buys older, cheaper planes
- 100 drug arrests kick off new push against downtown crime
- Seahawks' toughness is not for everyone
Most Read Stories
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon House Herbs (see Note) or other dried Italian herb blend
1 tablespoon diced yellow onion
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Whisk together melted butter, capers, lemon zest, garlic powder, dried herbs, onion, salt and pepper. Set aside for salmon.
Note: To make 3 ¼ tablespoons dried House Herbs, pulse 1 ½ teaspoons rosemary in a food processor until finely chopped. In a small bowl mix together rosemary, 1 tablespoon oregano, 1 tablespoon basil, a pinch of allspice, ¾ teaspoon marjoram, 1 teaspoon thyme, ¼ teaspoon white pepper and ½ teaspoon black pepper. Store in an airtight container in a dry place. (Heat, bright light and air destroy the flavor of herbs, and moisture can cause mold.) For best flavor, use within 6 months.