1½ pounds fresh broccoli, cleaned and chopped into bite-size pieces (about 2 cups, or 1 large head)
1 pound imported Italian ziti
2 cloves garlic, minced
- Amazon.com just tip of Seattle boom
- Boeing retools Renton plant for 737's big ramp-up
- 14 million spilled bees on I-5: 'Everybody's been stung'
- Nelson Cruz drives in five, including winning run
- Aaron Hernandez: A $40 million murderer
Most Read Stories
2 to 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
4 cups heavy cream
4 ounces (1 cup) imported Parmesan or Romano cheese, grated
8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
1. Place broccoli in a saucepan with about ½ cup of water and cook over high heat, uncovered, for five minutes. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until just tender, about 10 minutes. Drain well and keep warm. While the broccoli is simmering, cook pasta to al dente stage in boiling water, about eight to 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. Saute the garlic in the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat until garlic is lightly browned. Add the broccoli and saute about 1 minute. Add the ziti, heavy cream and grated Parmesan and cook about an additional minute, tossing well.
3. Spoon into a 9- by 13-inch baking pan. Top with mozzarella cheese and bake, covered, at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.
— Adapted by The Miami Herald from David Laurenzo, 1990