2 tablespoons sugar
1 scallion, white part only, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
- Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, rent
- Seattle-based seafood company shuts down
- What's the top spelling 'mistake' in Washington state? The answer could make you sick
- UW receiver Isaiah Renfro opens up about depression, announces he's leaving team
- So the NRA sends a questionnaire to a Seattle state senator ...
Most Read Stories
½ cup soy sauce
½ cup sake
2 tablespoons honey
1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
For the salsa:
1 head Napa cabbage, shredded
2 carrots, shredded
¼ cup sesame oil
8 cup white vinegar
2 tablespoons chili flakes
1 tablespoon salt
2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
1. In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, minced scallions, garlic, soy sauce, sake and honey and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until warmed through. Add cooked ground beef and keep warm until ready to serve.
2. To make the salsa: In a large bowl, combine cabbage, carrots, sesame oil, chili flakes, salt and back sesame seeds and allow to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
3. Serve with warm corn and flour tortillas. Garnish, as desired, with crispy lettuce or cabbage, lime, pickled onion, sliced jalapeño, scallion and radish, chopped cilantro, sour cream and crumbled Mexican cheese, guacamole or hot sauce.
Bob Townsend, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution