2 sugar cubes or 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Hawks didn't interview witnesses to ugly hotel incident involving draft pick
- Woman seeking man she kissed at marathon hears from his wife
- Hawks didn't interview witnesses to ugly hotel incident involving draft pick Frank Clark
- One flight missed, whole trip gets canceled. And no refund
- The remarkable redemption of M's prospect Jesus Montero continues in Tacoma
Most Read Stories
1½ ounces Irish whiskey
¼ cup heavy or whipping cream, lightly beaten (but still pourable)
1. Fill a large coffee cup with boiling water to preheat it. Let it stand for about one minute, then empty the glass.
2. Fill the glass three-quarters full with hot coffee. Add the sugar, then stir until dissolved. Stir in the whiskey.
3. Top the coffee-whiskey blend with the lightly whipped cream. To do this, hold an overturned spoon over the coffee, then slowly pour the cream over it. The goal is for the cream to float on top of the coffee; do not mix it in. Part of the Irish coffee experience is drinking the hot coffee through a layer of cool cream.
Adapted from The Buena Vista Cafe, San Francisco