4 navel oranges
¼ cup smoked sweet paprika
2 tablespoons garlic powder
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Female tiger killed by mating partner at Sacramento Zoo
- Amid Zika fears, local family shares the reality of microcephaly
- With Marshawn Lynch retired, what will Seahawks do with money they save?
- Police: Ohio newborn appears to have died from dog bite
Most Read Stories
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground dry ginger
¼ cup honey
2 tablespoons chicken broth, white wine, orange juice or water
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 cup mixed marinated olives, sliced
1. Heat the oven to 400 F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Slice off and discard the ends of each orange. Cut each orange crosswise into four thick slices. Arrange the slices in a single layer over the baking sheet.
3. In a small bowl, mix together the paprika, garlic powder, chili powder, salt, cumin and ginger. Stir in the honey and broth to form a thick paste. Rub the paste thickly and completely over each chicken thigh, then set the thighs in an even layer over the orange slices. Scatter the olives over the chicken. Roast for 25 minutes, or until the chicken reaches 165 F.
4. To serve, divide the chicken thighs and olives between eight servings plates. Use tongs to squeeze one or two orange slices over each serving.
Nutrition information per serving: 320 calories; 130 calories from fat (41 percent of total calories); 15 g fat (3 g saturated; 0 g trans fats); 75 mg cholesterol; 25 g carbohydrate; 4 g fiber; 18 g sugar; 23 g protein; 670 mg sodium.
J.M. Hirsch, The Associated Press