Makes 4 cups
3 ounces fresh goat cheese (chevre), softened
2 packages (8-ounces each) cream cheese, softened
¾ cup fresh orange juice
- Whitest big county in the U.S.? It’s us
- Kent family mourns loss of father, two sons in Father’s Day weekend crash
- Mount St. Helens, still steaming, holds the world’s newest glacier
- Ticket prices soar, then drop for World Cup
- Seattle sets heat record for July 4
Most Read Stories
1 tablespoon finely minced orange zest
2 tablespoons honey
½ cup finely chopped dried cranberries
½ cup finely chopped toasted walnuts
2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
½ teaspoon salt
1. In a mixer with a paddle attachment, cream the goat cheese and cream cheese together until smooth. Add half of the orange juice and mix until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
2. Add the orange zest, honey and remaining orange juice, and mix until smooth and all of the orange juice is well incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl again and then add the remaining ingredients and mix until incorporated. This dip will keep refrigerated for up to one week.
Chef’s note: If you like goat cheese a lot, you can switch out some of the cream cheese for goat cheese. I like to serve this dip with leaves of Belgian endive, celery, crostini or crackers.
Copyright 2007, Kathy Casey Food Studios