Makes 4 cups
3 ounces fresh goat cheese (chevre), softened
2 packages (8-ounces each) cream cheese, softened
¾ cup fresh orange juice
- Warren Moon on Marshawn Lynch: "He just doesn't trust a lot of people''
- Washington basketball great Christian Welp dies at 51
- After ditching Amex, Costco embraces Citi, Visa
- Mumford & Sons, Foo Fighters, coming to big Walla Walla fest
- UW great Christian Welp died at vacation home near Hood Canal, friend says
Most Read Stories
1 tablespoon finely minced orange zest
2 tablespoons honey
½ cup finely chopped dried cranberries
½ cup finely chopped toasted walnuts
2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
½ teaspoon salt
1. In a mixer with a paddle attachment, cream the goat cheese and cream cheese together until smooth. Add half of the orange juice and mix until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
2. Add the orange zest, honey and remaining orange juice, and mix until smooth and all of the orange juice is well incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl again and then add the remaining ingredients and mix until incorporated. This dip will keep refrigerated for up to one week.
Chef’s note: If you like goat cheese a lot, you can switch out some of the cream cheese for goat cheese. I like to serve this dip with leaves of Belgian endive, celery, crostini or crackers.
Copyright 2007, Kathy Casey Food Studios