Serves six to eight
½ teaspoon kosher salt, more as needed
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Tourists robbed, beaten downtown ‘afraid to go back’ to Seattle
- Animated map: How the wildfires in North Central Washington have grown over time
- Steve Sarkisian was reimbursed by Washington for hefty alcohol bills
- Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor holdout FAQ
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik
Most Read Stories
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
¼ cup minced fresh chives
Black pepper, as needed
1 pound haricots verts or green beans, trimmed
2-2/3 cups cooked fresh corn kernels (from about four corn cobs)
½ pound carrot, peeled and coarsely grated (2 cups)
1. In a small bowl, whisk together salt, vinegar, garlic and mustard. Whisking constantly, slowly whisk in oil until incorporated. Whisk in chives and pepper.
2. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Drop in haricots verts and cook until just tender, two to three minutes. Drain, cool and chop into bite-size pieces.
3. In a large bowl, toss together haricots verts, corn and carrot. Toss in dressing and season with salt and pepper.
Melissa Clark, The New York Times