12 ounces small Roma tomatoes, peeled, seeded and cut into ¼-inch dice (a generous cup)
1 small sweet onion, minced (½ cup)
1 medium jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- Anonymous donor pays off landslide victim's $360K mortgage
- Could Chris Polk be a fit for the Seahawks?
- Fire destroys Bellevue auto showroom, dozens of cars
- Seattle-to-suburb commuters prefer urban lifestyle
- A Midcentury modern home for the history books
Most Read Stories
2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro leaves and stems
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
¼ teaspoon ground cumin
¼ teaspoon sugar
Freshly ground black pepper
Flesh of 2 ripe Hass avocados, cut into ½-inch cubes (about 2 cups)
1. Combine the tomatoes, onion, jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice, oil, cumin and sugar in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir to incorporate.
2. Add the diced avocado and mix gently to combine. Let sit for 15 minutes, then stir one more time and serve.
Nutritional information per ¼-cup serving: 60 calories, 0 g protein, 4 g carbohydrates, 5 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 25 mg sodium, 2 g dietary fiber, 1 g sugar
, The Washington Post