12 ounces small Roma tomatoes, peeled, seeded and cut into ¼-inch dice (a generous cup)
1 small sweet onion, minced (½ cup)
1 medium jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- Amazon rolls out free same-day delivery for Prime members
- They were millionaires for 3 months, but Seattle couple didn't know it
- 'Granny panties' making a comeback as women say no to thongs
- Russell Wilson's agent says in 710 ESPN Seattle interview that contract talks are 'encouraging'
- It's time to let Carson Smith replace Fernando Rodney as closer
Most Read Stories
2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro leaves and stems
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
¼ teaspoon ground cumin
¼ teaspoon sugar
Freshly ground black pepper
Flesh of 2 ripe Hass avocados, cut into ½-inch cubes (about 2 cups)
1. Combine the tomatoes, onion, jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice, oil, cumin and sugar in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir to incorporate.
2. Add the diced avocado and mix gently to combine. Let sit for 15 minutes, then stir one more time and serve.
Nutritional information per ¼-cup serving: 60 calories, 0 g protein, 4 g carbohydrates, 5 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 25 mg sodium, 2 g dietary fiber, 1 g sugar
, The Washington Post