If you are looking for a green dessert to serve the adults at your St. Patrick's Day party, this Grasshopper Pie may fit the bill.
Makes One 9-inch pie about 8 servings
1/2 cups chocolate-wafer cookie crumbs
1/4 cup melted butter
32 large marshmallows
- Teen, one of 14 siblings, finally gets to be a kid
- Seattle sushi fans, rejoice: Shiro's new place is open
- Students say WWU’s response to racist threats not enough
- Seahawks’ Marshawn Lynch has surgery, could be back December
- UW fires women’s crew coach Bob Ernst
Most Read Stories
1/2 cup milk
3 tablespoons green crème de menthe
3 tablespoons clear crème de cacao
1 1/4 cups chilled whipping cream
Few drops green food coloring, if desired
1. Combine cookie crumbs and butter until mixture is crumbly. Reserve 2 to 3 tablespoons for topping.
2. Press remaining mixture into a 9-inch pie plate, pressing firmly against bottom and sides.
3. Chill in refrigerator for 1 hour.
4. While crust is chilling, make filling. In saucepan, heat marshmallows and milk over medium heat, stirring constantly, until marshmallows melt.
5. Chill until thickened; blend in crème de menthe and crème de cacao.
6. In chilled bowl, beat cream until stiff. Fold whipped cream into marshmallow mixture; fold in food coloring.
6. Pour into crust, swirling the top of the filling. Sprinkle reserved crumbs into the swirls. Chill several hours until set.
From The Seattle Times file