This recipe was served as part of a retro dinner.
Makes 20 meatballs
12 ounces (1 bottle) Heinz Chili Sauce
16 ounces grape jelly
- Seattle fifth-graders will get their camp trip, but teachers refuse to go
- Five things to watch as Seahawks begin OTAs Monday
- What the national media are saying about Robinson Cano and the Mariners' hot start to the season
- Man arrested in attack on Metro bus driver
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
Most Read Stories
1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
1/2 cup tomato ketchup
1 large egg, beaten
1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
1. In a large skillet or large pot, combine chili sauce and grape jelly and heat over medium-low heat until melted and well combined. Lower to simmer. Combine beef, breadcrumbs, ketchup, beaten egg, onion, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
2. Form into meatballs 1 inch in diameter. Add to simmering chili sauce/grape jelly mixture, turn gently to coat, cover and simmer on low for 1 hour turning periodically, until meatballs are cooked through.
From Robert Levine of Bloomfield Hills, Mich.