This recipe was served as part of a retro dinner.
Makes 20 meatballs
12 ounces (1 bottle) Heinz Chili Sauce
16 ounces grape jelly
- With death on table, McEnroe jury's friendships crumbled
- To retire at 55 takes big savings
- Microsoft employees -- past and present -- look back over the years
- No time to eat in Silicon Valley, so techies chug their protein
- Salary cap expert Joel Corry with another look at Russell Wilson's contract
Most Read Stories
1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
1/2 cup tomato ketchup
1 large egg, beaten
1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
1. In a large skillet or large pot, combine chili sauce and grape jelly and heat over medium-low heat until melted and well combined. Lower to simmer. Combine beef, breadcrumbs, ketchup, beaten egg, onion, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
2. Form into meatballs 1 inch in diameter. Add to simmering chili sauce/grape jelly mixture, turn gently to coat, cover and simmer on low for 1 hour turning periodically, until meatballs are cooked through.
From Robert Levine of Bloomfield Hills, Mich.